Converting old F-Secur SSH-keys

Martin Forssen maf at appgate.com
Mon Oct 22 06:13:40 EST 2001

Hi,

I just tries to convert an old ssh2 dsa-key generated by F-Secure SSH in
1998. The problem is that the base64-encoding of this key is bad. They
key works just fine when using F-Secure SSH but openssh will not convert
it.

My question now is if people think it is worth fixing this, and if it is
where should it be fixed? One could either fixed the base64-routines to
be more tolerant, but that only applies to the portable release and I do
not know how it would work on openbsd. The other solution is to have
something which checks the data before decoding it and fixes any
problems, this is more ugly but would work on all platforms. Opinions?

	/MaF