configure changes

Tim Rice tim at multitalents.net
Mon Oct 22 11:24:49 EST 2001

I finally got around to looking at a bunch of patchs to configure.in, some
of them from back in March. One from Carson Gaspar <carson at taltos.org> looked
promissing at first glance but after many hours I just couldn't get it to
work.

Due to much demand, I have added optional PATH to --with-pcre,
--with-zlib, and --with-tcp-wrappers.

I have done extensive testin on --with-zlib, and --with-tcp-wrappers.
Please test --with-pcre. (I don't use it here)

I have added a test for broken dirname() on Solaris 2.5.1 by
Dan Astoorian <djast at cs.toronto.edu>. Dan please test.

I've added a better socklen_t test by albert chin (china at thewrittenword.com)
(This is cool. Thanks Albert)
Do a tail on config.h after running configure and make sure it does
the right thing on your platform.

The changes are in CVS now. A new SNAP should show up shortly.

These changes were tested on the following platforms
SCO Open Server 3	w/gcc
SCO Open Server 5.0.4	w/ native compilers
SCO Open Server 5.0.6	w/ gcc
UnixWare 2.03		w/ native compilers
UnixWare 2.1.3		w/ native compilers
UnixWare 7.1.1		w/ native compilers
Solaris 7		w/gcc
Solaris 8		w/gcc
RedHat 6.2
Caldera eDesktop 2.4
Caldera eServer 2.3.1
Caldera OpenLinux Workstation 3.1
Caldera OpenLinux Server 3.1

Let me know if there are any problems with the changes.
(I expect things will be fine on other platforms as well)

--
Tim Rice				Multitalents	(707) 887-1469
tim at multitalents.net