disable features

Ed Phillips ed at UDel.Edu
Wed Oct 24 23:35:22 EST 2001

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, Lutz Jaenicke wrote:

> Consider a ssh[d] that has been compiled without X11 forwarding.

Speaking of X11Forwarding... is there any particular reason that somewhere
between v2.9p2 and v2.9.9p2 there has been a change to the stock
sshd_config to disable X11Forwarding?

Also, is there any particular reason that authentication forwarding has
been disabled in 2.X (I'm not sure when, execpt that every since we've
been trying out 2.X it has been disabled by default).

In addition, if there is some reason not to use these features (bugs,
unreasonable security risks, etc.)... please let me know.

Thanks,

	Ed

Ed Phillips <ed at udel.edu> University of Delaware (302) 831-6082
Systems Programmer III, Network and Systems Services
finger -l ed at polycut.nss.udel.edu for PGP public key