Another round of testing calls.

Dost, Alexander Alexander.Dost at drkw.com
Wed Oct 24 23:47:55 EST 2001

I compiled OpenSSH 2.9.9p2 on solaris 8
--with-pam --with-tcp-wrappers
The PAM_TTY_KLUDGE was needed so that password expiration check was done.
But after the message 'password expired, please enter login password', the
pasword now typed is clear-text and not hidden on the screen. Furthermore on
my system the changing of the password failed with a message of something
about removing root credentials and breaking secure rpc...
I posted a message recently with the screenshot of this message. (expired
password problems... from Oct 29, 09:24 number 122 on the web-page).

Alex