Default X11 forwarding behavior

Ed Phillips ed at UDel.Edu
Thu Oct 25 04:54:26 EST 2001

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, Markus Friedl wrote:

> Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 18:58:53 +0200
> From: Markus Friedl <markus at openbsd.org>
> To: Ed Phillips <ed at UDel.Edu>
> Cc: openssh-unix-dev at mindrot.org
> Subject: Re: Default X11 forwarding behavior
>
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 12:06:37PM -0400, Ed Phillips wrote:
> > In addition to sshd now denying X11 forwarding by default, it appears that
> > ssh does not try to forward X11 by default.  Is this the intended
> > behavior?
>
> for a long long time.

Okay, I can see some good reasons why not to use ssh -X to an untrusted
system.  Are there any good reasons why not to sshd allow X11 forwarding
to occur?

Thanks,

	Ed

Ed Phillips <ed at udel.edu> University of Delaware (302) 831-6082
Systems Programmer III, Network and Systems Services
finger -l ed at polycut.nss.udel.edu for PGP public key