What risk is X11Forwarding to a server?

Ed Phillips ed at UDel.Edu
Sat Oct 27 01:01:28 EST 2001

On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, Dave Dykstra wrote:

> Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 08:28:06 -0500
> From: Dave Dykstra <dwd at bell-labs.com>
> To: openssh-unix-dev at mindrot.org
> Subject: Re: What risk is X11Forwarding to a server?
>
> On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 10:28:55AM +1000, Damien Miller wrote:
> > On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, Dave Dykstra wrote:
> >
> > > Why, then, doesn't OpenSSH set X11Forwarding=yes by default on the server?
> >
> > As Markus said - this has been discussed before, check the archives.
>
> Ok, I tried to search the archives and didn't come up with any relevant
> discussion.  Can somebody please help me out and tell me where it is?

See... responses like that ("go away, we've discussed that before") can
actually generate more list traffic than a simple, brief recap... ;-P

	Ed

Ed Phillips <ed at udel.edu> University of Delaware (302) 831-6082
Systems Programmer III, Network and Systems Services
finger -l ed at polycut.nss.udel.edu for PGP public key