PAM session cleanup on Sol8 with v2.9.9p2

Ed Phillips ed at UDel.Edu
Sat Oct 27 06:42:45 EST 2001

On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, Nicolas Williams wrote:

> Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 16:25:23 -0400
> From: Nicolas Williams <Nicolas.Williams at ubsw.com>
> To: Ed Phillips <ed at UDel.Edu>
> Cc: openssh-unix-dev at mindrot.org
> Subject: Re: PAM session cleanup on Sol8 with v2.9.9p2
>
> I think this may be a bug in PAM_UNIX. As long as PAM_USER is set then
> pam_unix's pam_sm_setcred() should *know* to delete that user's creds
> instead of the user given by euid.

Sure... but right now, the error is basically getting ignored and the user
is unaware.  What is the "standard" way for pam_sm_setcred() to handle
deletion of credentials?  Does pam_unix.so violate that?  I don't know...

	Ed

Ed Phillips <ed at udel.edu> University of Delaware (302) 831-6082
Systems Programmer III, Network and Systems Services
finger -l ed at polycut.nss.udel.edu for PGP public key