HostbasedAuthentication problem

Dost, Alexander Alexander.Dost at drkw.com
Mon Oct 29 21:46:54 EST 2001

Ok. Seems to be a problem within the package we use for ssh. suid was not
set. Thanks.
Next step:
now I get:
debug2: xxx: chost <host>
debug2: we sent a hostbased packet, wait for reply
debug1: Remote: Accepted for <host> by /etc/hosts.equiv.
debug1: authentications that can continue:
publickey,password,keyboard-interactive,hostbased
debug2: userauth_hostbased: chost <host>
debug2: we did not send a packet, disable method
now it tries the other authentications..
Whats the problem this time ?

If you have received this e-mail in error or wish to read our e-mail disclaimer statement and monitoring policy, please refer to