HostbasedAuthentication problem

Dost, Alexander Alexander.Dost at drkw.com
Mon Oct 29 22:26:11 EST 2001

I use another base-dir for the installation, but in the corresponding etc
directory is the file ssh_known_hosts, which is readable for everyone and
contains the rsa and dsa keys, I got with ssh-keyscan from the machine,
where I try to ssh from. Is there anything else to do ? I tried a link to
/etc/ssh_known_hosts just to see if ssh always looks there...
On the machine running sshd there is the hint that hostbased auth is tried
first with ssh-dss and then with ssh-rsa, both of them fail, but no hint,
why.