One last time (Re: SIGCHLD race *trivial* patch)

Carson Gaspar carson at taltos.org
Tue Oct 30 09:01:37 EST 2001

--On Friday, October 26, 2001 1:36 PM -0400 Nicolas Williams
<Nicolas.Williams at ubsw.com> wrote:

> I take it that the BSD sigvec() interface is to be used?
>
> If so, that'll require a compatibility shim for Solaris (which has a

*blech* *retch*

Use the POSIX signal functions, and _only_ the POSIX signal functions.
Nothing else is portable, and they all have rather nasty race conditions.
The POSIX signal functions can trivially go back into the OpenBSD main
source.

(a long-suffering victim of signal() BSD/SYSV semantic wars)

--
Carson