scp doesn't work with large (>2GB) files

M.C. Vernon mcv21 at cus.cam.ac.uk
Wed Sep 12 21:30:08 EST 2001

On Wed, 12 Sep 2001, Theo de Raadt wrote:

> O_LARGEFILE is an API that should never have showed up.
>
> It is ridiculous twisted bullshit.  Those vendors were foolish.

OTOH, it has showed up. On AIX, HPUX, Solaris and Linux. BSD and Tru64
don't have it. Furthermore, using this flag on platforms that support it
should have no bad effects (assuming proper error checking).

Using O_LARGEFILE is probably the least worst solution to this problem on
Linux at least.

Regards,

Matthew

--
"At least you know where you are with Microsoft."
"True. I just wish I'd brought a paddle."