Logging authorized key info

Peter W peterw at usa.net
Fri Sep 28 02:48:51 EST 2001

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 12:27:23PM -0400, Nicolas Williams wrote:

> The key name field from the authorized_keys entry (or, missing that, the
> public key fingerprint) should be logged.

Do you mean the comment field? Since that's user-supplied, is there any
concern about mischievous values? A hex-encoded fingerprint value on the
other hand would always be safe/predictable & relatively short.

> Also, whichever is logged should be set as the value of some environment
> variable.

I like this idea. Currently I have some command= tools that have hard links
and behave differently based on the name referenced in command=. It would be
cleaner if I had only one file name, but the behavior depended on the
identity being used to invoke the tool.

-Peter