scp : Problems with pathing

Tuc tuc at ttsg.com
Tue Apr 2 05:41:51 EST 2002

> > > BSD/OS uses the path from /etc/login.conf
> > >
> > 	Ok. So which is the correct behaviour. Is it supposed to prefer the
> > users path, over the compiled in path? Is there something I can pass to tell
> > it to IGNORE the users path? Should I just change the config.h or defines.h
> > to say we don't have the facility to use the getenv('PATH') stuff?
>
> we set the path from login.conf and re-read if with getenv. if your
> dot-whatever overrides the path, then you need to fix dot-whatever.
> there is no such thing as the 'users path'.

	My bad, I used the incorrect terms.

	Ok, so what is the correct behavoiur? It is supposed to prefer the
path set in the /etc/login.conf over the compiled in path? Is there something
I can pass to tell it not to do the getenv call, and use the path compiled
into it? So which should it trust? The getenv call or the compiled in one?

		Thanks, Tuc/TTSG Internet Services, Inc.