getting OpenSSH/OpenSSL to utilize /dev/random

Lacoss-Arnold, Jason Jason.Lacoss-Arnold at AGEDWARDS.com
Fri Apr 12 00:10:48 EST 2002

I've installed Sun's SUNWski package on Solaris 8 (32-bit) that provides a
/dev/random interface.  It appears to as cat'ing it gives me a bunch of
well, random data.

However, when I ran my configure, it gives me the WARNING.RND message to the
effect that I'm using the built-in.  I've seen allusions on this list to
building openssl with to get random support, so I rebuilt it and then rerun
configure for openssh.  No changes.  OpenSSL made references to a RANDFILE
environment variable, so I set it, reconfigured and built openssl, then
reconfigured openssh.  I'm still getting the message that I have built-in
random source.

What gives?  What do I have to do to get openssh or openssl to see my
/dev/random?

Thanks,
Jason Lacoss-Arnold
TS/Unix Architecture
314-955-8501

WARNING:  All e-mail sent to and from this address will be received or
someone other than the recipient.