PAM on Solaris

Gunnar Brading gunnar at Astrogator.se
Mon Apr 22 12:03:58 EST 2002

I have been having problems with openssh and PAM on my Solaris 8 box. I needed
to use pam_krb5, and I always got the wrong owner on my credentials file
/tmp/krb5cc_xxxx. The owner became root...

It seems to me that the settings of uid should be before actually calling
pam_setcred() in session.c, and when I do change around those lines, it
started to work.

 From what I can see this is not really good behaviour from Sun's pam-module.
It should realize the problem and verify ownership of the credential-file,
but.. Simply changing UID works, so why not, even if giving Sun a hard time
about it would be fun.

Anyway... If this change seems appropriate, I am appending my diff.

-- Gunnar
--
  Gunnar Brading, Astrogator AB - High Performance Networks & Interactive Media
   Email; gunnar at astrogator.se  Address; Rörstrandsgatan 30A, 113 40 STOCKHOLM

      The scientist describes what is; the engineer creates what never was
					- Theodore von Karman