How to use sftp unattended?

Lusiana l02 at uow.edu.au
Tue Apr 23 11:34:36 EST 2002

Hi All,

I realise that similar topics has been discussed before,
but I could not quite find a straight answer to it.

I'd like to create a java program that reads username and password
from a source, then executes and drives sftp using the retrieved
username and password.

The bit that I'm having problem with is the supplying of password
to ssh.
Is it by making ssh read the password from stdin?
How can this be done?

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Lusiana