OpenSSH and support for KTH-Krb4

Lutz Jaenicke Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
Wed Apr 24 20:14:51 EST 2002

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 12:01:11PM +0200, Jan IVEN wrote:
>  CJ> I have tried to compile openssh-3.1p1 and then two
>  CJ> later snapshots. It seems that I can not have support
>  CJ> for KTH-Krb4, according to this errorlist from make:
> ..
>  CJ> This is a conflict then, between /usr/local/ssl/lib/ and
>  CJ> /usr/athena/lib.
>
>  CJ> My system is Solaris 7 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10 and
>  CJ> my configure params was:
>
>  CJ> ./configure --prefix=/usr --with-kerberos4=/usr/athena --without-pam
>  CJ> --with-tcp-wrappers --sysconfdir=/etc
>
>  CJ> No, how can I solve this? Is there any workaround known i the
>  CJ> community of OpenSHH? Any advice is welcome off course.
>
> I am getting around this by explicitly modifying generated files :-(
> Any advice on how to do this The Right Way (tm) is welcome. See
> the attached script I use for compilation...

Beyond the advice of rebuilding KRB with OpenSSL support:
OpenSSL's namespace has been modified for the upcoming 0.9.7 release
in order to resolve this conflict.

Best regards,
	Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/