RSA_verify question on OpenSSH Client w/ OpenSSL0.9.6a

Peter Stuge stuge at cdy.org
Thu Apr 25 16:47:05 EST 2002

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 11:14:53PM -0700, foo foo wrote:

> While I hear many suggestions to move to newer
> release,
> can someone shed light on a solution to the
> problem as immediate help !?

"Upgrade!" IS the immediate help.
Even more so because the version you are using has security issues.

Downloading and compiling a new version might take half an hour, deployment
at your site is hopefully something you already have a system for, the
upgrade will take a lot less time than digging around in gdb.

Don't get me wrong, developers appreciate your effort to really nail the
problem, but the version you are using is so old that noone cares too much
about it anymore.

//Peter