Trusted HP-UX Patch from Re: PLEASE TEST snapshots

Kevin Steves kevin at atomicgears.com
Fri Apr 26 02:33:54 EST 2002

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Darren Cole wrote:
:> + if (s->ttyfd != -1 && c->istate == CHAN_INPUT_OPEN)
:> + chan_read_failed(c);
:> +#endif
:
:The problem is that you always hang on logout if I don't I have this code.
:If  someone has a better fix I would love to have, I haven't found one yet.
:If I login, and imediately type exit without any other commands ssh hangs.
:This is really annoying, and since most haven't liked this change I put it
:only for TRUSTED_HPUX.

does it happen on 10.20 with uselogin=yes?
also see:
http://www.snailbook.com/faq/background-jobs.auto.html

:> other than that the only other question is why did you add
:> disable_ptmx_check?
:
:Login wont work correctly if ptmx is used.  From what I have found it
:appears to have to be one of the little weird things in truste hpux.

does telnetd use STREAMS ptys?

:> for now i have this, which is everything but the above against
:> -current (the uselogin fix applied to HP-UX in general and has
:> already been applied):
:
:Thanks a lot.  If there is anyway to make the above better, or more
:acceptable for inclusion let me know.

should i apply that then?  your remaining issue is the hang.

did you review the auth-passwd.c changes?

:> --- auth-passwd.c 4 Apr 2002 19:02:28 -0000 1.40
:> +++ auth-passwd.c 23 Apr 2002 21:53:11 -0000
:> @@ -55,11 +55,11 @@
:>  #  include <hpsecurity.h>
:>  #  include <prot.h>
:>  # endif