[Patch] Improve diags for "OpenSSL headers match library" configure test

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Sun Aug 4 10:57:34 EST 2002

Ben Lindstrom wrote:
> This is extactly what I was thinking.  It will at least let people know
> that they truly do have multiple OpenSSL versions co-mingled.  It would be
> nice if there was a way to pin point the two deviant versions and let the
> user known where he has to clean up, but I think that is asking way too
> much.

The only way I could come up with to do that is a horrible hack (see
http://www.zip.com.au/~dtucker/openssh/findssl.sh). If that's what you
want you can ship in in contrib/ or somthing.

> Maybe a blerb in INSTALL talking about cleaning up multiple OpenSSL
> versions and have the failure point to INSTALL's section.

I started to write something like this, it's on my web page. If you want
I can rewrite it to be added to INSTALL.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
GPG Fingerprint D9A3 86E9 7EEE AF4B B2D4  37C9 C982 80C7 8FF4 FA69