so-called-hang-on-exit

Carson Gaspar carson at taltos.org
Tue Aug 6 11:32:49 EST 2002

--On Monday, August 05, 2002 2:53 PM -0700 Michael Robinton
<michael at bizsystems.com> wrote:

>> The client does know that there are background processes left still
>> holding the pty open. How? Because the client requested and got a pty,
>> the sshd has sent a session-exit message, and the channel is still open.
>
> This is an oversimplification of the problem and what I consider to be the
> main reason why the problem has not been fixed. Consider the situation

Pay attention. Nico said that there _should_ be such an option, but that it
should be implemented in the client, not in the server. That way, the
preference is per-session, not global for the whole box.

Yelling at people who agree with you isn't productive.

--
Carson