3.4p1 ssh-agent auth-retry patch available: was: Re: Updated ssh-agent authentication retry patch available

Jos Backus jos at catnook.com
Mon Aug 19 11:42:39 EST 2002

On Sun, Aug 18, 2002 at 02:41:11PM -0700, Kevin Steves wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 03:25:47PM -0701, Jos Backus wrote:
> > I'm happy to hear people find this useful (it's indispensable here at work)
> > and would be interested in hearing about any problems. The updated patch can
> > be downloaded from
> >
> >     http://www.catnook.com/patches/openssh-3.4p1-auth-retry.patch
>
> it is not a 100% fix to this issue, but i think a higher listen
> backlog will address this in most cases where the kernel allows a
> large backlog maximum.  5 is just too low.  128 or 256 perhaps.

That's what I thought as well, and so we racked it up to 256 (I think even
higher - not sure what the maximum listen queue depth is on Solaris). But it
did not work well enough (sorry, don't remember the details), hence this patch
which is part of our standard distribution at work. We have a perl script
which is used to routinely update hundreds of machines with a single command,
and it works very well with this patch.

--
Jos Backus                       _/  _/_/_/      Sunnyvale, CA