password aging problem with ssh protocol 2

Amulya Parthasarathy amulyap at getsmart.com
Thu Aug 29 04:55:41 EST 2002

Hi,
I'm using openssh3.1p1 and I'm having some problem with password aging
with ssh protocol 2. Every time a password expires and I try to login I
get the following message

ssh username at hostname
username at hostname's password:
Warning: Your password has expired, please change it now
Enter login password:
removing root credentials would break the rpc services that
use secure rpc on this host!
root may use keylogout -f to do this (at your own risk)!
Connection to hostname closed by remote host.
Connection to hostname closed.

But when ssh into the same server using ssh -1 username at hostname it
works just fine.
ssh -1 username at hostname
username at hostname's password:
Warning: Your password has expired, please change it now
Enter login password:
New password:
Re-enter new password:
sshd (SYSTEM): passwd successfully changed for username
Last login: Wed Aug 28 11:27:17 2002 from 10.11.42.65

Can anybody help me how to get this working for protocol 2.

Thanks
R/Amulya