got 'configure', which does not create a Makefile, so what is the next step? (WAS Re: tru64 patch)

Toni L. Harbaugh-Blackford harbaugh at nciaxp.ncifcrf.gov
Fri Aug 30 02:56:39 EST 2002

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Darren Tucker wrote:

  > "Toni L. Harbaugh-Blackford" wrote:
  > > Where are the directions for building a snapshot?  The INSTALL file
  > > says to use the non-existant 'configure'.
  >
  > make -f Makefile.in distprep
  >
  > Requires autoconf (and probably gnu m4).

I tried the above and I tried 'autoconf' by itself.  I get the
'configure' script, which seems to work fine but does not generate
a Makefile.

So after creating 'configure' for the snapshot, where are the directions for
generating a Makefile?

Thanks,
Toni
Toni Harbaugh-Blackford                     harbaugh at nciaxp.ncifcrf.gov
AlphaServer 8400 System Administrator
SAIC/NCI Frederick Advanced Biomedical Computing Center