Patch so that sshd makes use of PAM_USER

Darren J Moffat Darren.Moffat at Sun.COM
Sat Aug 31 03:38:58 EST 2002

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002, Jeremy Ellington wrote:

>  <<pam_user.patch>>
> Hello.  I created a patch that causes sshd  to take notice of the
> value of PAM_USER after calling into the pam_xxx functions.  This makes
> it possible for a PAM module to effect user mappings by setting the
> value of PAM_USER with pam_set_item().  If anyone has comments or
> suggestions, let me know.

I've not looked at the patch yet.

This is the correct behaviour to aim for with respect to PAM.  However I
think this may be in conflict with the spirit of the SSH protocol, though I
can't find anything specific in the userauth draft that confirms this.

--
Darren J Moffat