3DES key-length

Peter Stuge stuge-openssh-unix-dev at cdy.org
Fri Dec 6 13:36:10 EST 2002

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 07:58:04PM -0500, Hari-Isoft wrote:
> > > I am interested in the export regulations concerning openssh in USA. Any
> > > idea on this ?
> >
> > Should be pretty free of US regs; all the crypto modules are imported
> > from Canada / Germany / Etc.
>
> But, how about the regulations concerning export of OpenSSH from the USA to
> other countries, (because of 128 bit key encryption used!) ?

Noone will want to export OpenSSH crypto from the US since it is available
from a number of other places in the world already.  Quite contrary, OpenSSH
crypto has been _imported_ into the US from one of these other places.

But, hypothetically, if you wanted to export OpenSSH crypto from the US I'm
sure you'd have all sorts of interesting legal problems, IANAL however.

//Peter