Building without perl

Ben Lindstrom mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Sun Dec 8 17:12:01 EST 2002

Then we start playing 'Whose awk is the right awk' =)

I think if we do a test for gawk, nawk and then lastly for awk.  And honor
them in that order I think we should be safe.  As long as we don't use any
gawk only features.

However, if we are going to do this.  I'd perfer we either move fully to
an awk solution or stick with perl.  It seems silly to try and maintain
both.  However, the best solution must be used.

As I said.. I'm willing to withhold judgement until the code is test. =)
(I'm no perl fan, so it would make me happy to see us move to awk if it
does not hork anything.)

- Ben