no configue.in in src distribution

Kapileswar Rao .B boliset at cse.iitk.ac.in
Tue Dec 10 20:09:29 EST 2002

Hi,
   I want to add some patches to openssh for my personal experiments. I
can change it in Makefile. But, I would like to change it in configure so
that I can have an optional compilation of my code. But I couldn't find
configure.in file in the src distribution.
I just learnt that we can get configure from configure.in.
Is there any other way in which I can make changes to configure file
without modifing configure file manually with the files available in src
distribution.

TIA
--kapil