Building openssh-3.5p1 with new DES functions

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker levitte at stacken.kth.se
Wed Dec 11 00:03:32 EST 2002

In message <Pine.OSF.4.44.0212101350330.296419-100000 at tao.natur.cuni.cz> on Tue, 10 Dec 2002 13:57:13 +0100 (CET), Martin MOKREJŠ <mmokrejs at natur.cuni.cz> said:

mmokrejs> KTH KRB4 supported openssl I think since 1.1 release. Even with newer
mmokrejs> version you canget libdes compiled and installed, you just say to
mmokrejs> configure --without-openssl ^H^H^H^H^H--disable-openssl.

Hmm?  I thought it was the other way around, that you had to configure
with explicit use of OpenSSL, and the default being to use the bundled
copy of libdes...  Has that changed?

mmokrejs> That's what I've done this time to test, if this would be
mmokrejs> solution to get rid of des originating from openssl. ;)

I think that's a bad solution, because then you're explicitely asking
for a mix of the two des.h, with the consequences that has.

mmokrejs> If you plan to rename des.h to des_old.h, fine for me, then only one
mmokrejs> des.h will be present. As I'm not a programmer, I can't comment the rest.

Not the files, but the macros in them that are protecting them from
duplicate inclusion.

Richard Levitte   \ Spannvägen 38, II \ LeViMS at stacken.kth.se
Redakteur at Stacken  \ S-168 35  BROMMA  \ T: +46-8-26 52 47
                    \      SWEDEN       \ or +46-708-26 53 44
Procurator Odiosus Ex Infernis                -- poei at bofh.se
Member of the OpenSSL development team: http://www.openssl.org/

Unsolicited commercial email is subject to an archival fee of $400.
See <http://www.stacken.kth.se/~levitte/mail/> for more info.