SFTP Status Bar..

Nicolas Williams Nicolas.Williams at ubsw.com
Fri Feb 8 01:39:46 EST 2002

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 03:29:48PM -0600, mouring wrote:
> > For large files the bar stops at the second * and then does not update
> > until the transfer is complete (put).
> >
> That can easily be resolved.. Just unsure why the same code for
> scp does not do the samething.  The solution is to remove the
> alarm() and family and just move the callback into the big transfer
> loop.  Not my favorate idea because it updates TOO quickly IMHO.

If you know the file size ahead of time you can calculate how many
transfers have to pass between status bar updates.

> The reason why 'get' for a single case did not show the bar was because
> <smile> I put NULL instead of the callback function and forgot to
> change it back.

Yes. I wondered why... oversight.

> > Also, I did "put *"; * matched, among other things, a directory, and
> > sftp exited (not cored).
> >
> sftp-int.c:/* XXX: recursive operations */
>
> Would you like to implement it?

Hmmmm, someday. I don't need this at work, so that makes it hard, but it
might be nice to make sftp print an error message and not quit - I might
write that up.

> > It would be nice if the protocol had a find-style protocol command.
> >
> UGH.. You want sftpfs not sftp. =P

No, I'm thinking about how you can list a directory and get the files'
attributes in one go, now. Adding a find-style operation would be a
protocol optimization as much as including attributes in a directory
listing is.

--
-DISCLAIMER: an automatically appended disclaimer may follow. By posting-