Disconnect on OpenBSD

Loomis, Rip GILBERT.R.LOOMIS at saic.com
Tue Feb 12 03:32:55 EST 2002

Yuliy--
Based on my experience this is usually due to one of
two things outside of SSH:
 - You're accessing the system through a firewall
   that has an idle timeout set (the situation here).
 - Your login shell on the server side has an idle
   timeout set--this is particularly common with
   csh/tcsh.

You might check the above--I *don't* believe that it's
anything specific to OpenSSH or OpenBSD 3.0, though,
since I use both regularly along with other platforms.
Every time something like this has happened to me or
other folks here, it's always turned out to be one
or the other of the above.

  --Rip