SSH Client Hangs after logging in to SSHD

Frank S. Bernhardt frank at bcsi.ca
Wed Feb 13 00:35:05 EST 2002

I'm not a ssh expert and I don't know if the log is good or bad, but I too am
running OpenSHH under OpenServer. I find that after I connect, the return key
has no effect unless I first type:

        stty sane <Ctrl>j

If you've hit <ENTER> before that you must first press <Ctrl>j a couple of times
to clean out the buffer. After I type the above command, everything seems to
work ok. Interestingly when I connect from a Linux box using ssh I don't seem to
need to do this.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Frank S. Bernhardt