hostkey checking

Frank Cusack fcusack at fcusack.com
Tue Feb 19 19:13:17 EST 2002

On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 08:32:34AM +0100, Michal Svec wrote:
> Is it somehow possible to disable the known_hosts checking for some hosts?
> The StrictHostKeyChecking affects only the asking about new computers, but
> doesn't affect the changed ones.
>
> I need it for the test computers, which are reinstalled twice/hour and
> I really don't like editing .ssh/known_hosts each time :-(

Why don't you save the host keys then?  Change your reinstall process
to install the saved host key rather then generate a new one.

But anyway, StrictHostKeyChecking does affect changed host keys.  You can
easily set it to 'no' for only certain hosts.  Even with 'no', certain
types of authentication will not be allowed, that's an easy behaviour
to change (1 or 2 line patch), but I would recommend you install known
host keys instead.

/fc