Problem with Sol8 and LDAP

Ed Phillips ed at UDel.Edu
Wed Feb 20 01:38:40 EST 2002

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Roberto Bertucci wrote:

> Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 10:51:12 +0100
> From: Roberto Bertucci <roberto.bertucci at netscalibur.it>
> To: Ed Phillips <ed at UDel.Edu>
> Cc: OpenSSH Development <openssh-unix-dev at mindrot.org>
> Subject: Re: Problem with Sol8 and LDAP
>
> Thank you for your answer.
> I took a little time to update Solaris to the last recommended patch level
> (rel. 04 Feb 2002).
> The problem is still here.
>
> User treno (this is me) is connected via telnet and authenticated against
> LDAP server (netscape 4.1).
>
> Even a truss is not useful:
> treno at tao[!] -> truss ssh -v
> truss: cannot trace set-id or unreadable object file: /usr/local/bin/ssh

Run truss in another shell as "root" with:

# truss -o xx -a -e -r all -w all -v all -u\* -pf <pid-of-treno-shell>

Run the command in treno's shell and then CTRL-C out of the truss.  Send
us the output file ("xx").

> I am attaching pam.conf and nsswitch.conf

Looks okay.

Thanks,

	Ed

Ed Phillips <ed at udel.edu> University of Delaware (302) 831-6082
Systems Programmer III, Network and Systems Services
finger -l ed at polycut.nss.udel.edu for PGP public key