Problem with Sol8 and LDAP

Ed Phillips ed at UDel.Edu
Wed Feb 20 01:52:55 EST 2002

Do you have patch 108993-05 installed?  nss_ldap.so is pretty broken
without it.  I don't think this patch is on the "recommended" list, so you
probably have to install it separately (check /var/sadm/patch to see if
it's already installed).

Also, if you're going to be using PAM, you'll probably want to make sure
you have 112218-01, which addresses a security issue (and is probably on
the "recommended" list but check anyway).

Thanks,

	Ed

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Roberto Bertucci wrote:

> Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 10:51:12 +0100
> From: Roberto Bertucci <roberto.bertucci at netscalibur.it>
> To: Ed Phillips <ed at UDel.Edu>
> Cc: OpenSSH Development <openssh-unix-dev at mindrot.org>
> Subject: Re: Problem with Sol8 and LDAP
>
> Thank you for your answer.
> I took a little time to update Solaris to the last recommended patch level
> (rel. 04 Feb 2002).
> The problem is still here.

Ed Phillips <ed at udel.edu> University of Delaware (302) 831-6082
Systems Programmer III, Network and Systems Services
finger -l ed at polycut.nss.udel.edu for PGP public key