purpose of scp -B?

Matthias Jim Knopf jim at users.de
Wed Feb 20 07:16:38 EST 2002

Hey-ho dat truong! Am 2002-02-18 13:02 meintest Du

> Does anybody know the intention of scp -B?
> Is it for batch mode processing?  I assume
> that it does not require an ssh agent running.

Although I'm not sure about the real intention of the programmers, but the
effect of this switch is, that in case any other authentication method
faild, this command will EXIT with an error-code, rather than ask a
non-existing user for a password!
In fact I guess an scp -B is the only chance to automatically check,
whether a pubkey-authentication successfully works without a password.

Diese Sendung wurde Ihnen praesentiert von Jim
PGP encrypted mails welcome!
---
 Unix´ view of sex:
 unzip ; touch ; finger ; mount ; gasp ; yes ; umount ; sleep