Call for testing.

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Feb 26 22:51:02 EST 2002

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 03:48:53PM -0600, Ben Lindstrom wrote:
> I commited the change so tomorrow please grab the snapshot and try it.

Did so just now.

- cvs update (-d)
- make clean ; autoreconf ; ./configure (with skey)
- make
  -> didn't compile with installed openssl (0.9.5a), bombs out in cipher.c
     - interesting enough, last week's snapshot (before the reorganization)
     still built with 0.9.5a.

- installed openssl-0.9.6c, ./configure, make -> went fine

- tested: everything related to aix_usrinfo works fine, basic login/logout
  tests with password and .shosts, protocol -1 and -2, also work.

So...

 + good job!

 + can we add a check to configure for "this version of openssl is too
   old"? This would be a lot easier for people to understand than
   "configure works fine, but compiling cipher.c bombs with undefined
   EVP_CIPHER_CTX_set_key_length".

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert.doering at physik.tu-muenchen.de