Locale problems on Solaris

Scot Elliott scot at poptart.org
Thu Feb 28 03:36:22 EST 2002

Ahh I think you're right yes.  In Solaris, the /etc/default/init variables
are set by init and inherited by all system processes, hense creating a
default locale.  In the environment of the sshd running on my Solaris box,
the LC_ and LANG vars are set, but not in the shell that's run by sshd.
So the setlocale() done by the shell doesn't do anythng.  I OpenSSH
removing these variables before exec()ing?

Scot

--
Scot Elliott      (E)scot at poptart.org      (T)07813 651654      (F)07092 010646
PGP key at http://www.poptart.org/scot.asc