PATCH: nroff detection wrong, by default uses mantype=cat

Tim Rice tim at multitalents.net
Thu Feb 28 16:03:14 EST 2002

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Pekka Savola wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just tested the latest snapshot on RHL72 via building RPM's of it.
>
> Nroff detection was wrong, and if no --with-mantype was specified, the
> type would always revert to cat.  This one-byter fixes it.

-       AC_PATH_PROGS(NROFF, nroff awf, /bin/false, /usr/bin:/usr/ucb)
+       AC_PATH_PROGS(NROFF, nroff awf, /bin/false, /usr/bin /usr/ucb)

The test in configure.ac is correct.
If I test your patch with this striped down configure.ac it fails.
	AC_INIT
	AC_PATH_PROGS(NROFF, nroff awf, /bin/false, /usr/bin /usr/ucb)
	echo $NROFF
checking for nroff... no
checking for awf... no
/bin/false

Leaving the : in (remember, this is a PATH) it works correctly.
checking for nroff... /usr/bin/nroff
/usr/bin/nroff

Look in config.log to find out what is hapening on your system.

--
Tim Rice				Multitalents	(707) 887-1469
tim at multitalents.net