keyboard-interactive

Bryan Chua chua at ayrnetworks.com
Tue Jan 8 07:18:51 EST 2002

Is there a way for a PAM module to force a client (and the server) to
use kbd-interactive?  As far as I can tell, when in the INITIAL_LOGIN
phase, all communication with the client returns a PAM_CONV_ERR.  I am
trying to write a PAM module that will prompt a user for a second
username and a second password in order for the module to succeed so
that proper authentication relies on the ability to authenticate against
n machines, where n < 1.

I looked at the pam_authsrv module, but that appears (I did not compile
ad run) to use the supplied username, index against a mapfile, and then
use the password supplied by the user to authenticate.  So it may not be
using kbd-interactive at all, it may just be password.

Am I missing something?

-- bryan