Solaris 8 Kerberos PAM and OpenSSH

Gus ossh at gus-the-cat.org
Tue Jan 8 15:45:07 EST 2002

	Hello,

	I am experiencing an error when using the Kerberos V PAM module
provided with Solaris 8 with OpenSSH versions 2.9.9p2 and 3.0.2p1. The
connection is established, the prompt appears, the motd of the remote system
is sometimes displayed, and then the connection closes.

	This looks to be an error with the PAM module and not OpenSSH, but
the problem only affects OpenSSH - all the other services are standard Sun.
The same pam.conf lines are used for every service. The PAM debug error is
as follows:

Dec 27 15:12:10 hostname sshd[1239]: [ID 390226 auth.error] PAM-KRB5:Could
not obtain principal name

	Like I said, I think this is a Sun issue, but I'd like to eliminate
any other possibilities before trying to get any acknowledgement out of Sun.

	Thanks,
--
Gus
  "Don't feel responsible--it's not you, it's me. My [ busy career / expensive