IRIX 6.5 RhostsRSA problems

Dan Wright dtwright at uiuc.edu
Thu Jan 10 06:52:36 EST 2002

Hello,

I'm new to the list, and I've been having a very weird problem with the IRIX
version of portable openssh that I think may be a bug in this platform...
I've looked through the FAQs and the man pages and can't find why this might
not be working.  The ssh binary is setuid-root, both ssh and sshd are told
that Rhosts and RhostsRSA auth is OK in their config files, etc.  I don't want
to post my config files and verbose session transcripts right off, because I
might be missing something obvious and don't want to clog your mailboxes :)
Please let me know what parts of those files will be useful for diagnosing
this and I'll send them along.  If it is a bug, I'll be more then happy to
assist in tracking it down and fixing it.

Thanks,

- Dan Wright
(dtwright at uiuc.edu)
(http://www.uiuc.edu/~dtwright)

``Weave a circle round him thrice, / And close your eyes with holy dread,
  For he on honeydew hath fed, / and drunk the milk of Paradise.''
       Samuel Taylor Coleridge, Kubla Khan