OpenSSH 3.0.Xp1, AIX -> Sun trusted host problem

Carson Gaspar carson at taltos.org
Fri Jan 11 19:59:32 EST 2002

I am _not_ an AIX expert, but I suspect one of your problems is that the
setuid bit on the ssh binary is not being honored unless the user invoking
it is in the system group. Why this could be, I have no idea. Try the
following:

1) log in as patrol; echo $$ to get your shell's pid
2) log in as root in another session
3) as root "truss -f -o $filename -p $pid" where $pid is patrol's shell's
pid
4) as patrol try the ssh command
5) ^C the truss
6) repeat with the other system group membership
7) see what the !@#$%'s different

For the other machine that doesn't work at all, I suspect an incorrect
known_host key entry on the server. but I'd have to add debugging commands
into the sshd source to find out. Bad system logging, no doughnut.

Carson Gaspar - carson at taltos.org
Queen Trapped in a Butch Body