No shell prompt presented on SSH connection

Casey Allen Shobe cshobe at softhome.net
Sun Jan 13 10:53:56 EST 2002

I just installed OpenSSH-3.0.2pl1 on a new machine, but am unable to use it.
SCP works, ssh outbound works, and ssh inbound appears to work but I never
get a prompt.  The password authentication works...

The output of ssh -vv from a client machine is exactly the same as the output
when connecting to a machine where I do get a prompt, so it must be something
outside of the ssh connection itself.

Does anyone know where to look?

Thanks,

--
Casey Allen Shobe
cshobe at softhome.net

'Why do people with closed minds always open their mouths?'