Public storage for public keys

Jakob Schlyter jakob at crt.se
Tue Jan 15 21:15:26 EST 2002

On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, Michael Tokarev wrote:

> > > how can you trust ldap?
> >
> > LDAP over TLS could be usable. not very scalable though.
>
> There is no need to have scalable backend for this sort of
> things.

multiple key distribution points is probably need for this to work,
otherwise you are toast when your ldap-server is done.

how do you set up trust for the tls session? how do I find which ldap
server(s) to query for host foo.example.com?  what query do I make and
what attributes should I look for?

I'm not saying there are no answers to these questions, just that someone
has to document how this is supposed to work and present a working
solutions for this (i.e.  running code).

	jakob