Dumping Keys under certain conditions (Re: ssh-agent too easy to hack)

Tim McGarry tim at mcgarry.ch
Fri Jan 18 10:20:15 EST 2002

You're not familiar with VNC are you? (http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/)
I suggest you check it out, it has a few advantages over tunneling X through
SSH, I find it's really good for remote unix support via a Windoze based
extranet client. If you lose the connection you X sessions still exist when
you reconnect.

I'd like the key to last for the lifetime of the connection (starting as
many ssh sessions as I like). When I reconnect, reload the keys and then
again start as many SSH sessions as I like.

vncviewer on host A->tunnelled through SSH to host B, running Xvnc and
ssh-agent, -> Multiple SSH connections to hosts C,D,E,F..Z

The connection between A and B can be dropped as reqd.

Cheers

Tim