OpenSSH and OpenSSL snapshots

Booker C. Bense bbense at networking.stanford.edu
Wed Jan 23 13:12:15 EST 2002

On 23 Jan 2002, Damien Miller wrote:

> On Wed, 2002-01-23 at 03:27, Booker C. Bense wrote:
>
> > - The api hasn't changed that much, a simple query-replace
> > with /des_/DES_/ should fix the src code tree once and for
> > all.
>
> That won't work - we have to support currently deployed OpenSSL's as
> well as the newest versions.

- It will with this include file.

#ifdef OPENSSL_OLD_VERSION

#define DES_set_key          des_set_key
#define DES_key_sched        des_key_sched
#define DES_ncbc_encrypt     des_ncbc_encrypt
#define DES_ede3_cbc_encrypt des_ede3_cbc_encrypt
#define DES_cblock           des_cblock

#endif

- I think people are making this into a bigger
problem than it is. Yes it requires that openssl
apps do a bit more work, but it isn't that much
and it makes some things possible that just weren't
before this change.

- Booker C. Bense