[openssh-unix-dev] Re: AIX reading /etc/environment out of step.

David Bronder david-bronder at uiowa.edu
Thu Jan 24 03:00:49 EST 2002

mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org wrote:

[...snipping stuff re: /etc/environment for AIX...]

> > - It's the AIX way. There are variables set in there that are required
> > for interaction with the system libraries. You either have to read it
> > or duplicate it.
> >

> However you do get why I don't like it.  It is undocumented and is
> targeted to a single platform.
>
> It is normally those things that cause people to be bitten in the ass.

So document it.  Other AIX-isms aren't really documented either.  Things
like authenticate(), loginsuccess() and loginfailed() calls.  Should you
get rid of those too, and just stop supporting AIX?

=Dave (using an extreme to illustrate a point)

--
Hello World.                                    David Bronder - Systems Admin
Segmentation Fault                                     ITS-SPA, Univ. of Iowa