OpenSSH w/ kth-krb4 on AIX

Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor] sperber at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Jan 24 03:24:04 EST 2002

Hi,

I'm suffering from a memory corruption problem when compiling OpenSSH
3.0.2p1 with kth-krb4 1.1 on AIX 4.3.2 and 4.3.3.  The symptom is that
the file name gets zeroed out during ssh key generation, for example
during "make install":

Generating public/private rsa1 key pair.
open  failed: No such file or directory.
     ^ filename normally goes here

When I remove krb4 from the install, things work.  (For the record,
this is against zlib 1.1.1 and OpenSSL 0.9.6c.)  Has anyone by any
chance seen this problem?  I've done a little bit of gdb on this, but
so far have been unsuccessful at extracting any useful info.

Direct email replies would be much appreciated.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike