X.509 support in ssh (revisited)

mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Thu Jan 24 03:31:38 EST 2002

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Donald van de Weyer wrote:

> mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org writes:
>
> > As far as I'm aware of there is no such thing as --with-x509 for OpenSSH
> > unless that article was suppose to come with a patch to OpenSSH.
>
> I would suppose that is what is in that 400K tarball. I didn't look however

Wow..I hope that is the whole OpenSSH source in that tarball.  Because
that is larger than OpenSSH 3.0.2p1 portable code compressed!

Does X.509 really make sense with SSH?  I mean you are still not going to
get Verisigned licenses and even that you are putting your trust in a 3rd
party certificate which has no real bearing on the trust of the machine in
question.

 - Ben